Poker-type card games are very popular in casinos and 3 card poker is one of them. The main reason for the popularity of 3 card poker is that it is easy to play. Here is the guide on How to Play 3 Card Poker.
Important Information about 3 Card Poker
What Materials are required to play 3 Card Poker?
The standard 52 cards deck and poker chips are required to play this game.
What is the ranking order of the hands in 3 Card Poker?
The ranking order of hands from highest to lowest is as follows:
- Straight Flush
- Three of a Kind
- High Card
How to Play 3 Card Poker:
There are three ways to play 3 Card Poker. The main difference between these three is in placing the bets.
- Pair Plus
- Ante + Play
- Pair Plus + Ante + Play (Combination of Option 1 and 2)
Table Layout of 3 Card Poker:
1. Pair Plus
In the Pair Plus option, the player requires only one bet which is placed on the Pair Plus area. The player is not betting against the dealer or any other players. The main objective in the Pair Plus bet is to get a pair or higher.
- The player places a bet on the pair plus area of any amount between table minimum and table maximum.
- The dealer deals 3 cards to the player.
- Based on those cards, the player gets the payout.
Payout ratios in Pair Plus Bet:
|Straight Flush||40 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||30 to 1|
|Straight||6 to 1|
|Flush||3 to 1|
|Pair||1 to 1|
However, Payouts may vary based on location.
2. Ante + Play
In Ante + Play, the player bets against the dealer. The objective of Ante + Play is to get a better hand than the dealer. Initially, it requires one bet, but if the player wants to proceed further, he must place another bet.
- The player places a bet on the Ante area of any amount between table minimum and table maximum.
- The dealer deals 3 cards to the player and also deals 3 cards to himself.
- Then, the player sees his cards and makes the decision about whether to continue or not.
1) If the player decides not to continue, then he has to fold the cards and he loses the round
2) If the player decides to continue, then he has to place another bet on the Play area (Amount of Ante bet and Play bet should always be same)
After placing the bet on the play area, the player’s cards and the dealer’s cards are compared and the one with better cards wins the game.
The player also get an Ante bonus if his hand is straight or higher.
Ante Bonus Payout:
|Straight Flush||5 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||4 to 1|
|Straight||1 to 1|
However, Ante Bonus Payouts may vary based on location.
How the cards are compared in Ante + Play in 3 Card Poker:
1) If the dealer has Jack or Lower as his highest card then the dealer does not qualify and the player gets payout to his Ante bet in 1 to 1(even bonus). The player also gets the Ante bonus if he gets straight or higher.
2) If the dealer has Queen or higher as his highest card then he qualifies and the one with the better hand wins.
3. Pair Plus + (Ante + Play)
This option is simply the combination of the two above.
- The player places one bet on the Pair Plus area and another on the Ante bet area of any amount between the table minimum and table maximum.
- The amount of Pair Plus bet and Ante bet may be different.
- Then the same gameplay mentioned in point 2 continues…
The difference is that the player gets Pair Plus Payouts if he has a pair or higher, whether you win or lose the Ante bet.
Here is a Video Guide by CasinoTop10
Thank you for visiting.