Kings in the corner is a very easy and entertaining game. It is like a variation of Solitaire with multiple players. It will be easy if you already know the Rules for Solitaire but not to worry if you don’t know the rules. Because this guide will explain all the rules assuming you are a complete beginner. So let’s start on How to Play Kings in the Corner.
A standard 52 cards deck is used(Remove Jokers).
**Checkout These Cool Cards on Amazon**
Any number of players between 2 to 6 can play this game but best played with 4 players.
Rank of the Cards
The rank or order of the cards from highest to lowest:-
- King (K)
- Queen (Q)
- Jack (J)
- Ace (A)
The Object of The Game
The main object of the game is to lay off all the cards. The player who is able to do this first wins the game.
Determining Dealer and Dealing the Cards
There are no specific rules for determining dealer in this game. You can form your own rules to determine the dealer or just select a person randomly. After selection, the dealer deals seven cards to each player. Then, places the remaining cards on the table in a pile. It is called “Stock Pile”.
Now, pick four cards from the top of the stockpile and put one card face-up in each direction to the stockpile. One in the north, one in the south, one in the east, and the last in the west. These are the four foundation piles. The players lay off their cards on these foundation piles by following the rules. The set-up should look like the following image:-
The Game Play
The main gameplay is to lay off the cards to the foundation piles. The player on the left of the dealer starts the game by drawing one card from the stockpile. After drawing the card, the player lays off as many cards as he/she can according to the rules.
At the situation when he/she can’t lay off the cards as per rules, his/her turn gets over. The next player takes his/her turn by drawing a card from the stockpile and the game continues. The players take turns in a clockwise manner. Following are the rules for the game:-
Rules for Laying off Card to Any of the Foundation Pile
- The rank of the card which is being laid off should be of immediately lower than the card on the top of the foundation pile. Example:- 8 is on the top of a foundation pile. So, only 7 can be laid off to that foundation pile.
- The card which is being laid of and the card which is on the top of the foundation pile should be of different color. Example:- If 8 of ♣️ is on the top of the foundation pile, then you can only lay off 7 of ❤️ or 7 of ♦️.
- Aces are the lowest cards so you can’t lay off a card on them.
- Kings should be laid off in the corners only. One King in each corner. After a King is played and placed in one of the corners, other players can place cards on that pile like any other foundation pile.
- A player can move the entire pile if the card at the bottom of the pile is one rank lower and of the opposite color than the card on the top of the other foundation pile(To which the entire pile is being moved).
- After moving the entire pile, any card can be played on that blank space.
The first player to lay off all the cards wins the game.
Now, you know how to play Kings in the corner. Play with friends and family and enjoy!