Pyramid Solitaire is one of the most popular versions of the solitaire card game. It is also called Solitaire 13. It is very easy to learn this game. This is the guide on How to Play Pyramid Solitaire.
Important information about Pyramid Solitaire
What are the requirements to play Pyramid Solitaire?
A 52 cards standard deck is required.
What are the Cards Values in Pyramid Solitaire?
|Ace (A)||1 Point|
|2 – 10||Face Value|
|Jack (J)||11 Points|
|Queen (Q)||12 Points|
|King (K)||13 Points|
What is the Object in Pyramid Solitaire
The main objective in Pyramid Solitaire is to remove all cards from the pyramid structure.
How to Setup The Pyramid Solitaire
- Place one card face-up on the table.
- After that place two cards face-up, on the first card slightly lower, so the first card stays visible.
- In the third line, put three cards face-up, on the above two cards slightly lower, for visibility.
- Continue this way until the last line has seven face-up cards. The structure should look like a pyramid.
- After that, place the remaining deck below the pyramid, face up. It is called the draw pile. And next to the draw pile, a waste pile will be created during the game.
The Setup of Pyramid Solitaire:
How to Play Pyramid Solitaire
Start the game by removing the cards from the Pyramid. You can only remove cards in pairs and the total card value of both cards must be 13. Example: You can remove 6 and 7, 5 and 8, 4 and 9, and so on. Suits don’t matter. King has a value of 13 points, so it can be removed alone.
Also, only open cards can be removed. A card that does not have any card on top of it, is an open card. You can use the top card of the draw pile to pair it with a card from the pyramid, but the total card value of both cards should be 13.
If the top card of the draw pile is not useful then you can move it to the waste pile. You can pair the top card of the waste pile with a card from the pyramid. You can also pair the top card of the waste pile with the top card of the draw pile. If the draw pile runs out of cards then take the waste pile and place it in the place of the draw pile, it will become your new draw pile.
The game continues in this way until, either all cards from the pyramid are removed or you cannot remove any pair that totals 13 points.
Now, you know How to Play Pyramid Solitaire. Play and enjoy.